Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Originally Posted by SamOlson

That said some of the newer vehicles seem to need more juice at start up for the all the electronic chit.

^^^THIS^^^

Had 2012 GMC with all of the bells and whistles. It was about 3 or 4 years old. All of a sudden, it would be deader than dead. You'd have to keep the cables on it for about 15 minutes, then it would fire right up. It would be fine for several days or a week, then it would be dead again. Thought it was kind of an electronic problem and was going to take it to the dealer. One Saturday morning I went hunting. There was about a foot or so of snow on the ground. I go out and shoot a big ass 8 point. I got the deer out to the edge of the field. Go back to the truck, it start right up. I drive across the field and shut it off and load the deer up. Get back into the truck and the bastard was dead. Walked about 1/2 mile back to the barns and got the farm hand and he brought a tractor out there and had to keep it on the cables for about a 1/2 hour until it started. Went directly to the battery store that I use and they load tested it and found a dead cell. It would be fine one minute and dead the next.

My sense is there’s a low voltage shutoff on the newer GM trucks. The battery, isn’t completely dead, just below the threshold to trigger the ECM\BCM/etc.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty