My old 2 stroke 2 hp Mariner vibrated more than my 2.3 hp Honda. The Honda is air cooled and I like it on my jon boat especially in the cold because there is no water pump to freeze up. It doesn't weigh as much as a trolling motor and a battery and goes about forever on a tank of gas. I did run an Evirude 4 hp with a remote tank on a side mount on my 17' Grumman canoe. The weight was compensated somewhat by the torque lift and I never ran it high speed, but it was a smooth little twin 2 stroke. I always thought that the two cylinder 3 hp Evinrude with the built in tank would have been ideal on the canoe.

Another thing that I do with that little air cooled Honda is mount it to a board and walk around my shoreline with my waders to blow the leaf litter out into the deeper water. The one watch out with the Honda is that it is shorter than my 9.8 short shaft Merc and it might cavitate on a larger boat with a short shaft transom.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory