Originally Posted by BlueDuck
Are there any good small outboards anymore? I would like a 2.5 to 5 horse outboard motor. The ratings I see on most all of them are really poor. Those of you who have one. What do you have and what do you like? Good or bad.

I have a 2.5hp yamaha & a 6hp same - both four strokes - not a complaint in the world with either motor.
I use them on a Gheenoe 13' that I put a floor in making a flat surface to walk on , also a seat in the middle of the boat . I use one of the extension handles so I guess that hides some of the vibration , although I pay no attention to a little vibration .
Have an 8hp [tohatsu] nissan also it doesn't putt putt around slow like I like when hunting , I just don't use the boat for running fast . Fast in stumpy rivers is costly .
The 2 stroke 8hp Nissan will do about 22-23mph but I just don't need that for what I do .

No way i'd buy an old outboard compared to a new honda/yamaha/suzuki - I've towed way too many friends back tot he dock who have old fixer upper outboards .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.