Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by rost495
I like being quiet. Just disturbs the woods much less.

Which is NOT important where WT are concerned (context is SHOOTING). I could use up a lot of space here giving examples of WHEN hunting either I shot or someone else did and I SAW the NO effect upon 'other' WT from a shot.

Several times in 40+ yrs I have seen WT come along shortly behind a shot and EVEN a dead WT laying on the ground and the most the WT did was to SMELL the dead one and go on its way. I SAW that in 2017 right here.

Quiet certainly could be important when hunting in close proximity businesses or dwellings.

Jerry

Maybe its just important to me? Maybe we all do things differently. Maybe some of us don't need to kill every deer we see, or just kind of relax out in the peace and quiet and if we see a big one and kill it fine, if we see nothing, fine. Different strokes you know.

When I was younger I ran the take any shot you get mantra, and had a few calibers that covered that. These days, I'm not so mad at em anymore.

And FWIW, I've seen more than a few examples of where even a quiet shot ran off deer 400-600 yards away. And when a shot with a loud rifle up close tended not to bother any deer. And all kinds of examples in between.

Those that like loud are good with me too. I've had enough loud in my years. Try Camp Perry in NTIT or rapid fire stages with couple hundred folks firing all at the same time.

Heck I honestly prefer to take small groups fishing these days to secluded places where we dont' see others or hear others but often times we only have fish in areas that will have others around either eventually or when we arrive.

Its life, but I don't have to ad to it. As noted, if 22 rimfire were legal at home..... I've killed so many pigs up to about 250 or so, that it can be done easily and quietly. Of course maybe thats why I used to prefer to hunt with a bow over a gun but our current leased ranch does not allow archery for some idiotic reason

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....