Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter

For sure the super premium bullets have been some what of a game changer for some calibers. The .223 is not one of them in my opinion and I believe any serious big game caliber starts with a 6.5 or larger bullet diameter and a case that holds as much powder as .308 Winchester. But, others feel differently and drawing a line in the sand is like trying to tell some one how far they should shoot.

So, if you don’t have experience with it, how would you know the 223 isn’t a big game cartridge?

I guarantee you that if you load a 77gr Sierra Tipped Matchking in the 223 and put it into the front half of a game animal you are not going to say “too small”. Probably you’ll say “too fuggin much”.

I just can not understand someone having a position on something not working when they don’t hav experience with it.

Don’t make Form post the many pics of the animals he’s harvested with his 223 Win....Trust me, if there’s members who missed seeing them, I can attest that they were very memorable...It left no question a 223 Win. loaded with a quality bullet will kill with as much lethality on a game animal I’ve stuck with a 7mag or larger.

Surprised my uneducated azz immediately!

I would only caution on the quality of the bullet being of importance, and not to just flinging sub-par projectiles, especially if breaking axles is your game plan. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”