I've been lucky enough to acquire several of Tim's creations.

[Linked Image]

So a while back when he made it known that he would be making some knives, and exhibited some patterns, I told him that the 5" skinner was for me. I liked the buffalo horn scales on the 52100 "Buffalo Skinner" and asked if he would do one with that material. I find that when it gets wet, whether with blood or gore, it becomes tacky and the grip is excellent for the type of skinning I do.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It was a couple weeks after Tim sent the knife before I had the opportunity to use it on my favorite test medium....... hoglets.

A bud an I went to the Petting Zoo on a Wednesday to fill feeders and set traps and snares.

I shot a boar Wednesday eve, but he did not drop at the shot and ran into the scrum. I looked for blood at the point of impact, but saw none, so being as it was close to dark-thirty, I did not try to track.

However, Thursday morning I nailed this boar.....

[Linked Image]

I had walked in and did not have my 4-wheeler so I left him where he dropped.

My bud picked me up and we ran the pens and traps. No joy.

I had Bill take me back to camp to get my ATV and I came back and dragged him up to a shady spot to open him up and take the loins...........

[Linked Image]

The skinner did a fine job on cutting thru the hide.

[Linked Image]

And pulling out the back straps. I mentioned to Tim on the phone, I don’t usually push with a skinning knife, but I thought I’d try cutting the hide and fat along the backbone pushing. It cut with ease.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 08/03/19.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.