Originally Posted by Mule Deer
tnscouter,

The Washita Battlefield National Historic Site in Oklahoma is well worth a visit, or at least my wife and I thought so. It's where George Armstrong Custer thought he learned how to fight large camps of Plains Indians in 1868, which ultimately led to his death on the Little Bighorn in Montana eight years later.

Better yet is to visit both sites, but Montana is a long side-trip from your basic route.

A few years ago the wife and I visited the Little Bighorn battle site, it was an absolutely beautiful day,cool and not a cloud in the sky. We had planned to be there a couple of hours and ended up there most of the day. There was a very informative presentation given at the museum (the museum is small but very interesting with a lot packed into the small area) by a Native American that was as well given as any we have attended. We haven't had an opportunity to visit the Washita site but would like to some day.
Didn't intend to hijack the original OP but had to refer back to JB about Little Bighorn site.
rookie

NRA Life member

"You can't fix stupid"