The part that confuses me, and it's hard to get answers over the phone with the game wardens. I apply for tags in Wyoming. There are quite a few units you could draw antelope in the first or second year. You look at the website, and those units say (*difficult public access). You look at the unit maps and they will have several blocks of public land from 3-8,000 acres that nobody can legally hunt. The maps have roads all over, but I guess they are oil/gas company or private roads. Seems like if the state or BLM was going to have all that public land, they would have an easement to it, maybe 1 parking lot, or on the roadside, and if someone wanted to hunt the far side, well it's walk in access only. At least it would be used that way, you'ld have to be willing to put in the work, but it could be used.

I've read about the trespass fee's to cross ranches. Haven't had any luck there on even getting a list of ranches that participate.

As far as local hunting goes. I see more people hunting my place than when I go to public land.

It normally doesn't bother me, but 1 year I had a guy open the gate, drive right by me in his diesel all the way out to a cleared point. He sat behind the wheel drinking beer with his gun out the window, 1 person got out and went in the woods, and a 3rd hopped in the bed of the truck and drank beer on a 5 gallon bucket....

Had another guy call the game warden on us for trespassing on "his" property. Told him to "go ahead and call", what did i have to worry about, place has only been in my family since it was homesteaded. Game warden really got a kick out of that guy.