Originally Posted by aceman2101
I have about 25 acres in east texas. The place is overgrown with youpons, sweetgum, and various other trash trees. I'm leaning to a 47 horse Kubota,(L4701, hydrostat). I am also considering Mahindra, Kioti, and Massey Ferguson as lower cost options. Any suggestions as to which tractor I should buy, or which ones to stay away from. Thanks in advance

First thing to consider is how you plan on getting rid of these trees. If you're going to cut them with a saw and either drag them off, or push them up into a pile to be burned, then a 47HP Kubota is big enough. Now, if you're planning on pushing them up, or pulling them up, a 47HP tractor is probably not enough, depending of course on the size of the trees.

I have a 45HP New Holland, with FWD, and although it will do a lot, there is a lot that it won't do, partly because it's not heavy enough, and partly because it's not enough HP there. I also have a 80HP NH, and the difference between the two tractors is a lot, mostly because of the size and weight, because the weight is what helps you do most of the stuff you want a tractor to do.

Of the 4 brands you mentioned, the Kubota is no doubt the cream of the crop. You can't go wrong with one, would be my advice. Of the three remaining ones, I'd put Mahindra and Massey next, and Kioti last.