Originally Posted by Blackheart
I have a Gransfors Bruks and a Wetterlings. Those who say the Wetterlings is just as good as the Gansfors either haven't used them side by side or are just poor at evaluating the quality of an axe. The steel does seem comparable in edge holding but that is where the "equality" ends. The Gransfors head is ground much thinner toward the cutting edge and is a cuttin SOB in comparison to the relatively lackluster, sluggish Wetterlings. The handle on the Gransfors is also much better. Being actually boiled in a vat of linseed as compared to the surface varnished Wetterlings the handle does not swell and shrink with relative humidity. In other words, the head of the Gransfors remains tight year round, regardless of the weather or where and how it's stored, while the Wetterlings does not. Whether the difference is worth the cost is up to you but there is a difference and it is all in favor of the Gransfors Bruks.

seems pretty accurate, a buddy who has a wetterlings, the head came loose and the wedges came out. I have a hults bruk, I think it may be the slighter cheaper but comparable version to granfors. mine is in the desert heat of utah and the head has never been loose.