So a few years ago I bought a used zytel stocked 77/22 magnum. It came with a set of Ruger rings and a tasco pronghorn riflescope. I had shot it a few times and the tasco was zeroed. I decided that I wanted a leupold rimfire scope and bought one and mounted it. I can’t get near enough elevation to get to center. I’ve read some on a google search that this in known to be a problem with Ruger receivers being off some. I really didn’t like that information and proceeded to experiment. The rings do not fit all that well. One of the top rings has to be pushed down to sort of snap onto the scope tube. Doesn’t leave me with a warm fuzzy. So I swapped the rings front to back and the problem stayed. And for [bleep] and giggles I measured them with a caliper and they are within .004 “ of each other. Some had said to make sure they didn’t have high power rings. It bothers me the most because the tasco that I loathed so much had enough adjustment to zero but my leupold does not. I’m wondering if I could lap these rings and straighten them out but not sure it will make a difference because won’t the rings be aligned with each other and still not aligned with the bore? Also I read something briefly about the barrel might not be aligned correctly, can anyone shed some light on that? Thanks for reading.

Last edited by misplacedinnebraska; 08/14/19.