Originally Posted by TRexF16
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Dunno? But of those three cartridges, I’ve only taken an elk with the 9.3 x 62. With S&B factory ammo

[Linked Image]

(I’ve killed two other elk with another .35 calibre ctg. The .35 WCF).

Everything in that picture is beautiful and perfect! Looks like you have yourself and old Husvarna. Very nice. That's the same action that was the donner for my 35 WAI, but my Husky started out as a 30-06.

Thank you TRex. That was one of my most memorable hunts! 2010. Second rifle Colorado. Yes sir, old Husqvarna 146. Very nice bore. It started out as. 9.3 x 57. And one slow day at the shop a coworker and I took a brand new chamber reamer and in a couple of hours I had me a new 9.3x 62. I’ve taken elk, nilgai, deer, and hogs with it.

I enjoy hunting elk with a wide eclectic choice of firearms. Old son and I decided just yesterday that we are going to head up to the family ranch in Colorado for first rifle. This year I’ll probably take my other Husqvarna 146 still in 9.3 x 57 and my .62 custom flintlock Jäger rifle. We’ll see what happens!

Edit
I think old son is taking a BLR in .358 Win he picked up used this past summer. And maybe his Shiloh Sharps.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 08/15/19.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS