Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Oh my, We sold the running tractors to our son. 2 IH Super M's, 1 straight M, NAA Ford, IH, H, *806 gas, Allis XT 190, Cat 944A loader, a 1955 Tractormotive loader, IH 706, those are some.

2nd or 3rd generation farmer,?? grampie or dad passes the farm on to you, you probably live in the house you were born in...??
Yet you make your son "buy" the tractors on the place to keep farming it?

Sounds like some jewburger jive to me. To each his own.

By all means correct me if I'm wrong, I'm all ears.

I don't plan to make my children buy anything to continue living and working on our two farms. Neither would I "charge" them to carve off 5 acres if/when they decide to build their own custom home here someday.

There's a lot you don't know.

On an ag operation that's big enough for a family to live off of, and families that have multiple kids, it doesn't take many generations to whittle something down to a hobby farm that nobody makes a dime on.

I've seen families discount the ag operation and what it takes to run it to the one most interested in it, and has proven to have the guts & brains to run it. And give the other kids their portion of the proceeds in the estate when the time comes.

There's no easy answers, but I know it ain't as simple or as douchey as you say it is.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!