Thanx guys! Will look into them!

I know next to nothing about levers. I first hunted with a Winchester M88...I know I don't want an 88 or 99 just because they are bulkier and heavier. Light and fast handling is what I'm looking for.

I've been hunting with Remington 760/7600s for awhile. Love them...but they aren't exactly light. I setup a Kimber Montana in 308 for my scoped rifle which will be the majority of my days....

Like I said, I am looking for a peep/ghost ring setup for nasty weather times...was looking at finding a real cheap Remington pump gun...and still exploring the avenue. I run into badly beat up and rusted things still bringing over $300. By the time I clean it up and restock and likely rechamber it, I have a good amount of cash sunk into it.

The 7600P comes exactly as I want. But hard to find and guys think they are collectors items apparently lol.

Figured I'd explore lever gun options as well. Not in any kind of hurry so I can wait till I find what works for my idea.

I spend my days tracking if there is snow and still hunting (sneaking through the woods)... keeping the rifle ready is critical...and my 22" scoped Remington pumps really start wearing on the arms... cut down, synthetic stock, no scope will lighten the load a good bit. Or a 6ish pound lever gun...