Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

I don't shoot steel cased ammo in any AR15s either. Not so much steel case, which I don't like either, but the lacquer coating that builds up in chamber and leads to hard extraction. YMMV.

Such bs. You've never shot steel cased in your life. You just parroted an old wives tale. You're clueless.

Actually I still have about 500 rounds left out of a bulk buy of 1000 55 Grain FMJ Wolf WPA PolyFormance ammo I bought from SGAmmo. Seemed like a good deal for around $180 to my door for cheap target ammo. Never finished shooting them after I had trouble with cases sticking in hot weather. Got all the varnish or polymer coating cleaned out of the chamber and went back to brass. Never experienced anymore trouble after that. But than again, I'm not an internet expert like a lot of posters, just stating my experiences with Wolf steel cased ammo. I just stick to things that work for me. Hell, I don't even use clever words like "parroted". YMMV

You are still blowing BS. The polymer stuff doesn't stick and there are no deposits. What is happening is that you don't own a chamber brush and your chamber cruds up from the powder residue. Learn to clean your chamber and you won't have issues.

Millions of rounds of Wolf and Tula are used by happy shooters every year. But you, only you, have problems.