Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Hudge
Shooting them hot often leads to those brass shavings...

Possibly, but I know I didn't shoot it enough to even get it hot. The prior owner may have, that gun was rough when I bought it, but it's cleaned up good. Now maybe I can actually see if it shoots good.

Not talking about getting the rifle high via temperature... but rather running higher pressures than one should...

He doesn't reload maybe previous owner did. I have ran across factory 300 wsm that is pretty damn hot federal comes to mind.

Absolutely agree.

Yes, the ammo I did shoot out of it that was hit or miss on the seating issue was Federal factory ammo. Even the Federal ammo I shot out of my Tikka T3 .300WSM last week is what I would call hot. I need to just sit my butt down and start reloading as I have everything to do it with, just never had the time in the past. With this new job, I will not be on hour hour standby every other weekend, so I can actually dedicate time to other stuff now.

With that being said, I'll be back at the range before the weekend and will give the 2 boxes of Nosler Ammo with 180 gr. Accubonds I found in the closet a try. Sometimes it's like Christmas when I clean out the closet! smile

Last edited by Hudge; 08/20/19.