For my own uses I have come to very much appreciate the old 8X57 and from there I jump up to 9.3X57 (2 of them ) and then a 9.3X62 as well as a 9.3X74R.

The 9.3X57 is a bit of an odd-ball in the USA, but when you see them work you come to like them. Very much like a 358 Winchester or a bit more depending on how it's loaded and the brass is made with just one pass over the expander ball in the FL die set. I use the 8X57 brass instead of buying the (very) expediencies Norma brass.
Using 236, 250 270 and 286 grain bullets, it is a good little hammer for about anything you will shoot with it of 1000 pounds or less. Cool thing about this shell is that it is a simple re-barrel for about any M98 Mauser. It's a cheap project to do. The more I use them and see them used by 2 friends of mine who have rifles I made for them, the better Like the way they work.

The other 2, the 9.3X62 and the 9.3X74R have some following in the USA because of the limited runs Ruger and Remington made and the importation of the CZ rifle in the X62 shell. I load them both with 286 grain bullets at 2400 FPS and they seem to kill everything as well as my 375H&H does, from elk, moose, buffalo and they do good duty on smaller game too like deer and antelope.