Just picked one up, I’ll ‘fess up, this was a buy to get something well ahead of the next possible round of gun control legislation. Cost and good reviews were the deciding factors.

This not a lightweight pistol, at 21oz empty it weighs the same as a Glock 19. also empty, weight loaded is just three 9mm rounds shy of a loaded 19. In the hand the size and heft of the G2c is very reminiscent of the old first generation all steel 9mm Kahr. It fits my hand vey well.

Took it out just to function test fire it into a dirt bank with cheap new Remington 115 grain bulk ball. Did not disassemble and clean before firing but I did put a drop of oil of each slide rail. The slide racked fine, empty.

Loaded magazine, whole different story, slide stiff, first five rounds absolute failure to feed after firing. Three barely ejecting the first round but did not chamber the next round, Slide now closed or closed on empty chamber ( right away I came to appreciate the loaded chamber indicator).

Tried the other mag, same thing for the first three rounds.

I was about to declare the pistol junk but for the remaining 92 rounds the pistol suddenly worked flawless, both mags. I suspect two adjacent moving parts did not received the degree of polish at the factory one might expect from a Sig for example.

Accuracy and specific load testing next.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744