Maybe they replace the lenses with those with improved coating so your K-4 has the resolution and brightness of a VX-3. So now you have a scope that appears period correct but has 21 century innards. I would check 'em out before I trash them.

And I'm a fan of the recourse you'll find on Ebay. I got on an auction on Ebay for a supposedly almost NIB VX-3i 3.5-10x40 Leupold and won the auction for $290 some odd bucks. But when it showed up here at the house it wasn't what it was advertised to be. It was a 38 year old Vari X III. I know because I called Leupold and ran the SN by a C-S Tech and he said according to that SN it was made in 1981. In 1981 Scope lens coatings were in their infancy. Modern VX-1s have better coatings than that. If I would have settled for that scope I would have an entry level scope for damn near a VX-3 price. But thank God for Ebay's Recourse. I sent it back and they gave me my money back and I bought a brand new in the box VX-3i 3.5-10x40 from a store that sells out right on Ebay for a few dollars more, at $318.

Now I'm not saying that I'd run out and buy from these guys, but I am saying check them out better before passing them up. Check 'em out. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by Filaman; 08/21/19.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!