The best groups turned in on the Campfire wouldn’t make the cut for any bench rest competition at any range in the U.S. There is no doubt they look good on your computer screen, but looks won’t kill anything.

I have sighted plenty of rifles in on rocks and had more than enough accuracy to hit small targets at 350-450 yards. One thing all paper shooters may overlook is that even a 1.25 inch group means that the bullet still is hitting within half the distance of the group size from where the crosshairs are held.

Another overlooked part of shooting is the so-called “flier.” If the gun shoots it, I don’t know how you can’t consider it part of the group. What causes the flier may be an assortment of reasons, but because it isn’t nice and tight, how do you not consider it part of the group?

Obviously there must be several kinds of loonies if you want to shoot paper then put your gun away, but I would rather shoot a rock, then go shoot prairie dogs or gophers for a few days and not worry about what a group looks like on paper.

It is fascinating to see all the attention to groups and paper with little regard for just how much accuracy you really need to hit something other than paper.

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Loony to the grave man. I keep thinking I am going to sell some of my rifles I don't use much. Then I buy another one, just so I can work on it, make it accurate and put it in the safe... Then on to the next one...

Originally Posted by vapodog
Of this I truly believe.....more 1/2" groups are fired on the internet than fired at any rifle range.

For the hunting I do.....(350 yards maximum) I can easily live with REAL 1.25" groups

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]