Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
My 2016 F-150 Super Cab has the 8' box 5.0 l V-8,6 spd auto, 3.73 gears with electronic locking differential in back. 36 gal gas tank. I took my daughter on a 5 day road trip around Montana for a total of 1995 miles with a trip average of 19.5 mpg. We went to see the sights not go as fast as we could. Around town it runs 15.5-16.5 mpg throw in some highway and it runs close to18mpg. On one of the fill ups on the Mt trip I put in 32.8 gals with 655 miles on the trip meter. 36 gal tank ruins $100 every time you put over 30 gals in it but it sure is nice when you spend a lot of time " out in nowhere" like I like too. The truck is not to fancy but well equipped, smooth and drives damn nice. MB

That's about the same mileage as a diesel gets empty! The big difference I see is options not offered five years ago! Aluminum has its advantages, and it's drawbacks. Weight is the big advantage. Weak fastener holding is a big draw back! That said I wouldn't think twice about buying a new Ford! There as good as anything on the market, it's just what you like that counts!