Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by CCCC
Be prepared to load at least a couple of bags of sand into the bed if you have icy roads in winter,

Lots of rumors here.do any of you answering here have one of these trucks? Or do you just “have a friend” with one.
Does a guy have to "have" one to be more legitimate than a rumor-monger in your book? Would you wish to consider 65 years of driving all sorts of trucks and several thousand miles of driving an aluminum bodied Ford - much of it in strong wind on slippery roads - as some sort of valid observation? How does your aluma body handle in those conditions?

CCC;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope that all is well in your world on this second last weekend of August.

With the full disclosure that I am currently employed by a local Big 3 auto dealership - but don't currently drive or own what's sold there - I'd offer the following.

In my last job I was responsible for the maintenance of a small fleet of vehicles for a construction company. They had a smattering of Ford and Dodge vehicles mostly, with a Range Rover and a couple Mercedes autos thrown in for good measure - oh and a Nissan that I forgot about as well.

Because of our physical location and the location of lots of our work, many if not most of the vehicles ended up making the 5 hour trip to Vancouver regularly - as in at least weekly - and year round at that.

The chosen way for our firm to do that was the infamous Coquihalla Highway - which the TV show Highway Thru Hell is filmed on.

There have been, according to the provincial insurance corporation which deals with such things - I quote "According to ICBC there were 32 fatal crashes between 2004 and 2013, and an estimated 400-500 accidents occur during the winter seasons"

When my boss at the time got a new '17 Eco Boost F150 - he complained that it was in his words "the most unstable POS he'd ever driven on ice".

Now to be clear, this chap didn't believe that the posted speed limits were anything more than suggestions and after driving with him on a few occasions it reaffirmed my faith in a Creator who is looking after my well being personally.....

The F150 went to the business manager who stayed in the valley mostly and didn't travel very far or very often.

I want to say the boss liked the Ram 1500 pickup on slippery ice covered roads much better - and honestly had rave reviews for his 4 door Jeep Rubicon on ice, which was to me anyway counter intuitive to say the least.

Speaking personally to tzone's specifications, I'm still driving an '03 Dodge 2500 Cummins and it's got to be among the very worst vehicles on ice ever devised by man! laugh I believe it's because they're so stiffly sprung more than anything and running 10ply tires at even a modest 55psi isn't optimum for ice.

Anyway sir, all the best to you and tzone in your upcoming hunts this fall.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"