Originally Posted by JimInAK
The comment about freezer duty cycle was a bit tongue in cheek, which often doesn't translate in text. ( I r an en,ga,neer) haha. It does seem that the older equipment was designed with a much longer life cycle. As a kid my parents had a refrigerator and freezer that had been my dad's grandparents. The chest freezer lasted 40+ years, and the refrigerator was still going strong many years later when they finally "upgraded".

After the past couple of years of poor salmon runs I hadn't really considered shipping anything off. If this works as suspected it will, I was thinking about pre-freezing blocks of fish packages to ship. The only concern I had was with the time it would take for the entire block to freeze. Alternating frozen with fresh is a good idea to expedite the freezing time. Thanks again!! Will definitely be on the radar for next year.

Got me to thinking I might get me son to weld up a couple aluminum boxes just right to fit in a flat rate box after it is insulated. The fish would freeze quickly and could be added to over time and packaged and shipped when filled.

Hmmmmmmmm

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.