More pics of the reworked stock. The basic geometry of these is very good, the pistol grip had palm swells and the butt has proper cast on and cant for lefties.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The gunsmith described his checkering ability as "okay" but he did a pretty good basic pattern.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is the one I really wanted to show. I took various grits of sandpaper wrapped around a rubber eraser and wore out the inside of that action trying to get it smooth. After two hours of that I had had enough. Look at the top of the action and the bottom along the stock line, the rough machine marks are still plainly visible. I just got it to a state where it would feed rounds without scratching the hell out of the brass and the bolt would go back and forth with some measure of smoothness.

[Linked Image]

Despite that machine work the rifle was still pretty accurate, as in definitely sub-MOA for 5 shot groups. The trigger adjusted down to a nice, crisp pull. And you can see on the before and after pics that the external metal finish and polish are very nice.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!