Originally Posted by mart
For the guys who don't like handling the tiny 17 caliber bullets, here's my solution. RCBS 222 competition die set bullet seater with 17 and 6mm bushings and seating stems. I've since added 20 and 25 caliber for the 25-222 that's in progress and the 20-222 that will eventually join the family. Makes seating little bullets much easier.

[Linked Image]

This has been my secret to not minding reloading the 17 caliber options as well. Mine was sold as a option for the 17FB though with the right components they do interchange to cover a lot of choices.

I just have not seen much positive post lately on the 17's Seems as those who follow the fads are moving in other directions.

See the tougher pelt friendly heavy for caliber 25 & 30 grain options are being dropped by Berger & Hornady. I am curious about the true reasons for the discontinuation of the heavy jacket Berger target bullet and the 25 grain Hornady Hollow point no longer being available troubles me for those up and coming Pelt hunters. Suppose I have been enough of a hoarder that I should be GTG for as long as I am kicking.

Yet I was talking to a relative last night about our long run on low jack rabbit numbers. I feel this is due to the greater popularity of the 17 HMR over the 22 rimfire & the longer effective range of the 17 HMR

Last edited by Hunterapp; 08/25/19.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19