Rented a mini excavator today after the leak detection guy was here last night. Got down to the water line on the side of the driveway where he identified leak, he marked about 5-6 feet in from edge but thought it might be closer to the edge.
It's not in the 2 feet out or the first 18" inside the driveway edge (as far as I was willing and able to dig without worries of collapsing a driveway soon.

Thinking a new line on the side of the house opposite the current service.

Do you run copper or blue poly. Excavator I talked to today said chinese copper was more porous and was having problems and the blue poly 1" would be in a 2" sleeve.

No matter what I put in yard, I'm debating running pex from the new inlet side along some joists and then against them to the far corner and hooking into the main line with a sharkbite or some other pex to copper connector.

Basement is unfinished, trying to save some money and pex would be way easier in one leg than sweating copper every 10 feet and 8 90's or so.

Who's worked with pex, love it? Hate it? Any advice?
Thinking of buying a 100' roll and using about 70 feet of it to make it in one run.
Are there tools I'd need? Is the sharkbite the best connector to copper? Do you trust it for the main line. I use them on the sprinkler vacuum breaker and just take the whole thing off each year, been holding for 5-6 years or so.

If I use poly in the yard and pex inside, is there a good connection for between those? Do I need to disconnect the ground that's on my current copper line right as it comes into the house?

Thanks for helping make this easier.
Jon

Keep Smiling