sbhooper -

That's what I figure, too. Hope to get him a broadside, frontal or slightly angling shot through the slats, for which an ELD-X or about anything else should be fine. In any case, my work is done. SIL chose the bullet for his bro and I promised to swap the scope and do the development work. Done and Done. As I mentioned (I think) the initial 150g LRAB test didn't get enough velocity. and further tests with that bullet were abandoned due to lack of time.

No guarantee SIL's bro will even make it out for the hunt, although I hope he does. SIL will be using a .300WSM with Barnes TTSX, Daughter will be using a .270 with 150g LRAB.

Don't know what I'll be using but, since I'll be the last shooter again, probably my .300WM with 175g LRX or 180g TTSX as the primary rifle. I have both loaded up and ready to go. Possibly 180g North Fork SS as I have them as well. All shoot great out to 600. Just hoping "shooting last" doesn't mean "not shooting" smile

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.