Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Ch. Thats looking good. Out of curiosity, have you tried RL26?

Nope. Don't own any. 22" barrel so I don't want a really slow powder.

1. My 22" 1:8 Lilja barreled Kimber MT 270Win will run the 150 ABLR to 3060fps w/R-26. Don't let a 22" bbl dissuade you from '26.

2. 140TSX and Ramshot Hunter has been my "go-to" for deer/elk from the 270Win for ~15yrs. You should be able to get them close to or a bit over 3k FPS. The combo shoots very well for myself and several friends who also shoot 270's. It's a simple combo that's easy, quickly, and accurately thrown from a Dillon or any of the Culver style powder measurers. I've taken dozens of whitetail deer, 2 Mule Deer, a cow elk, 2 Caribou, a bunch of coyotes, and at least 3 badgers. 2 friends who I've helped develop handloads for are using the same combo and I've watched them kill another Caribou, 3 more elk, and LOTS of deer. I load mine on my Dillon 550. Had some prepped brass last week and it took <10Min to load up the 50 I want to have on hand for this fall's hunting. I have a pair of M70 Classic SS Fwt's that shoot the 140TSX/Ramshot Hunter combo exceptionally well.

That is great performance. This .270 stuff is interesting to me, as I just got a Model 70 in a trade and it is a great shooter, even with an old Bushnell scope on it and shooting Hornady Whitetail factory loads.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.