I don't like doing this, but I need to let ya'll know that I responded to pdXammo's post WTS post back in February. I asked for close up pics of the body and lens. Never got them despite multiple promises that he would. I advised him of the opportunity to do a face to face because of a college visit and gave him the dates weeks in advance. Multiple assurance of "I'll send them tonight" without delivery of the close up pics. Didn't respond with anything about a face to face sale until two days after I had returned home. Maybe he doesn't like my face...but a few alarms went off in my head...
here's the last message that I sent to him in response to his offer of a paypal transaction (after he missed the face to face).
I'll be very honest with you;
You've missed several promised dates. Biggest one was the opportunity for a face to face sale. I'd still be willing to buy, but the only way would be if you send it to me first, and if it's good I'll send you payment immediately after. If you're okay with that, let's work on a deal. I've been on here a while, and have a good rep if you want to check around.
If that doesn't work for you, no problem.
Chris.

...no response from the seller to that PM.
Did I leave anything out Matthew?

The one silver lining from this experience is that I learned that Canon no longer supports the 1D MkIV, so backing up my DX with a MkIV was only going to get me so far.

Last edited by ChrisF; 08/29/19.