I decided to keep it upstairs. for now on. Keeping it in the basement became a problem for about 2 months . When it was cool outside it didn't matter , but the last two or three times out I figured it must be moisture, or at least could deb moisture and still not so sure but can't think of anything else. If it is cooler outside than the basement it does not matter. As for shooting it, I put a patch down it before I shoot. It is quite clean. As for gnoahhh, I only shoot round balls cause I can't get much accuracy from 2 conicals I tried. I shoot 50, 55 and 60 gr. of Old Eyesnford but have backed down to 55 the last time I was out cause I see no difference I have also shot 40 gr. with no problems at all. I guess I could try to get a bore scope and would not be surprised if the barrel was not so good. I bought it used and the gun store guy said they are all checked with a bore scope before it goes up for sale. I found that was not true cause I found a fair amount of rust before I cleaned it but nothing was black. The nipple was very hard to get loose so , yes, the barrel could very well be compromised. My next purchase will be a Green Mountain barrel that is a 1/66" or 1/70" twist. This will eliminate any chance of a bad barrel and may or may not improve accuracy but surely wont hurt . They are about $260 bucks or so. As for Sharpsman, The barrel does not stay moist in the basement it only gets damp for a while when I take it from my basement that is 60 degrees to hot and humid 80 to 90 degrees. It is only moist for about 20 minutes till the barrel acclimates to the heat and humidity like a cold drink on a humid day. I plan on using roundball for deer hunting and see no problem . Where I hunt it is so thick , you will not see a deer more than 40 yds away anyway but will use 60 gr for hunting.

Last edited by ihookem; 08/29/19.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23