Got out again and did some validating. (Nosler Brass, CCI 200, 59.0 of H4831, 145 ELD seated 5 thousandths off the lands) Rifle is a Christensen Arms First Gen Ridgeline, Warne steel bases, Warne Mnt Tech rings, NF SHV 3-10X42 moar.

First of all Velocity was verified. Between yesterdays session and todays', I fired over 28 rounds of the 59 grain load.They averaged 3110 FPS with an ES of 22 - I can handle that. (Nosler Brass, CCI 200, 59.0 of H4831, 145 ELD seated 5 thousandths off the lands) Rifle is a Christensen Arms First Gen Ridgeline, Warne steel bases, Warne Mnt Tech rings, NF SHV 3-10X42 moar.

Secondly, per the Hornady ballistics calculator, 400 yards should require 4 moa up per a 200 yard zero. I dialed, shot, the 8" gong rang. 3 Shots in row, 3 gong rings. I moved the gong out to 600 and went 1 for 3 on hits, but that was more the cross wind acting up and me failing to ready it, the velocity validation seemed correct. (I video the shots on my phoneskope and the bullet vapor trail was correct height - just pushed due to wind)

As you can see below, these loads aren't precision one hole groups, but more than acceptable for the rifle, the shooter, and the intended usage (Idaho big game out to 5-600 yards) I probably could play with seating depths and pull it in a tad - but not this year, this will handle my hunting needs. At 5-8000' elevation I hunt, this load pushes on the heels of a 7rem mag.

One thing you can always seem to count on is the NF scope adjustments being on. As you can see in the target below, my first 6 shots were 1 MOA left of were I needed them. 1 moa (4clicks) on the NF and it moved 1 moa - weird how that works...lol

Below are a couple pics from today....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]