Originally Posted by kragman1
I had a 720 and liked how it felt too. The extra muzzle weight seemed to help with recoil as well.
I eventually wore it out (hammer pin cracked free from the inside of the frame) and Rossi replaced it.
By then S&W was making the 696 so I put the money from the replacement Rossi towards one of those.
I much prefer the S&W but the Rossi was perfectly good too. I had somewhere between 5K and 10K trigger pulls on that gun before I had that problem. Many were dry fired but lucky me, I had an uncle donating lead .44 and .45 ACP reloads to me at the time...

Rossi made a larger, target, set of grips for the 511/515/518/720/971 medium frame revolvers. I bought them from M&M Gunsmithing back when they were the Interarms repair center in Alexandria, VA, and, maybe, after they moved to Hazel Green, AL.

I tried to like the S&W 696, I tried 3 of them, and just couldn't find a pair of grips that felt right to me. Kind of the same thing with the Taurus 441, but they are so cheap that I'll keep them around and keep looking for the right fit.