Originally Posted by Yondering
Regardless, AMP has a very obvious and strong motive to discredit lower cost annealing solutions, so it doesn't really matter our feelings about them as a company, we should remain very skeptical when they do that.

I don't believe that for a moment. I've met the owner and his son. Very decent straight up people who are absolute perfectionists. They can't keep up with the demand for their AMP machine as it is so there is no need to try and discredit anyone else's annealing ideas. They're just trying help people realize that what they think is great annealing is not necessarily so. They also say, "for those reloader's considering getting started on annealing, and who are on a budget, we would recommend a gas flame-based option".

They have also addressed many of the issues that have been raised on various forums regarding their original report on salt bath annealing in "Molten Salt Bath Annealing Report Addendum" at the end of the original report.

https://www.ampannealing.com/articles/52/salt-bath-annealing--does-it-work-/

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal