Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by lvmiker
"men confronted apex predators on a point of honor". Give me a break, maybe for the rush, or to gain a rep or make a buck or because that was part of their adaptation to their environment. Societies rewarded successful hunters because they provided, good earners get more rewards.

mike r

Outside of the social insects humans are about the only species where members of the group, especially males, routinely and voluntarily place themselves in extreme danger often to the point of death to protect the members of their social group.

You can believe that Indians in particular and/or all humans over the last 100,000 years had no sense of honor if ya want.

I was not aware of that, then I remembered soldiers and cops and firefighters etc. You too choose to live in your own world. Anyone who lives an honorable life probably has a sense of honor, this often varies w/in societies. Some embrace "honor killings" of their own families. Killing apex predators may just be a survival strategy for some. Romanticizing history is probably fun for many.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC