My first 10 ga was an Ithaca Mag-10 I bought used in 1980. I bought it for goose hunting along the "firing line" at Lac Que Parle refuge. I used for all my waterfowling for a bit as steel shot was mandated for only 12 ga in the early years as that was the only gauge in which steel was available. For being as big as it was, it handled very well.

I bought a Richland O/U in 1987 but it went down the road quickly. It was rather bulky and poor handling compared to the Ithaca. I also did not like it having Full in both barrels. Recoil was also rather harsh which was probably due to poor gun fit.

About 1996 I bought a Browning Gold Light. It was a good handling gun and it made a few trips to Canada and Texas with me as well as a number of more local trips. I sold it to another guide who really wanted it. I wish I would have kept it.

I dabbled in an SP-10 briefly but it just did not handle like my Ithaca. It also had a few bugs in it as it did not like to cycle steel loads. It's unreliability had me send it off too.

I bought a BPS right afterward but it stayed around for only a couple of seasons. It was overly thick and unwieldy with its 30" barrel so it went down the road too.

I still have the Mag-10. I had the barrel cut down and choke tubes installed in the early 90's. It is my favorite waterfowl gun though it is used mostly for cranes and pass shooting geese. I found a second one at a very reasonable price but haven't pulled out the wallet yet. I really need to as I would like a back up to my current gun.