Originally Posted by Rlhunter0403
Thanks for the help guys this all makes me very excited for deer season. Our gun season here in NC comes in early October. I’ll see if I can find someone to give it a look before then. I will shop the bolt shroud and trigger to see what I can come up with. Yeh I am a big fan of well done mannlicher stocks. Some might call me a sucker for em. Since I only paid $250 for this gun I certainly don’t mind spending some money to upgrade it.

Thanks again 260remguy and wa11

Replacing the bolt shroud is like buying insurance, in that you hope that you'll never need it, but it gives you peace of mind when you do have it.

Installing the Dayton- Traister cock-on-opening kit isn't necessary, but I prefer cock-on-opening to cock-on-closing, so I install them on my Sweds and on my Norwegian bachelor farmer friend's Sweds.

PPU sells an inexpensive 139 grain soft point that some 6.5x55 shooters seem to like.

Finding a Bold or Timney replacement trigger is easy, finding the bolt shroud maybe a little less so.

I would have bought that rifle for $250 without a second thought even though I already have 11 6.5x55s.