I have a Deer Sleighr. The thing has held up fine and works good if you can keep the deer from flipping over. The problem I have is that it's a pain in the ass to get the deer on it correctly and tied in. Most of my drags are only 50 to 500 yards. In the amount of time it takes to get it tied in, I can just throw my drag rope around it's neck and drag the damned deer out of there. The only time I use it, is if I'm going to get the deer mounted. Don't want to get a rope burn on the neck and screw up the hair.

Carts suck where I hunt. Had a single wheeled one like a wheel borrow. It was totally unusable. The woods are too thick with downed trees and creeks to cross.

I've never tried an Otter Sled, but they look like they would work well where I hunt.

I don't think I'd drag a deer 5 miles. If I were back in there that far, I'd quarter it up and pack it out.

Here's a picture that shows my high tech drag rope. Been using the same one for about 20 years, but have needed to change the handle a couple of times. Note the ergonomic handle. It's designed for comfort.

[Linked Image]

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan