Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by travelingman1
It is not that they do not fear death. It is that they fear not living more. If you understand that, you will know why they do it. If not, you will never understand.

Oh, brother!

I live more by hearing an elk bugle, or even a coyote howl than by jumping off a bridge with an elastic rope tied to my feet. I live more by hugging my kids than by seeing Machu Picchu. I live more by helping an elderly neighbor keep her yard up than I ever would jumping off a stupid bridge.

Base jumping is self absorbed hedonism taken to the extreme. It's a free country, so have at, but don't tell me it's a better way of living.

Back when bungee jumping was all the rage, it was illegal off this bridge. A couple guys decided to try it anyway and came up with a plan. One was going to jump and the other was going to pull him back up before the cops arrived. He jumped but whatever they had planned to pull him back up didn't work. He was hanging upside down 200' below the bridge. It took the rescue guys several hours to get him up. I'd be a bit on the dizzy side by then.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.