Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Springcove
I have watched them jump from that bridge many times and am surprised it doesn’t happen more often.
A few years ago my wife and I watched one that came close. His chute folded under when it opened. He got it open but not soon enough to keep him on target. He ended up in some trees and was banged up some.

The all time dumbest Darwin off this bridge was a couple years ago. A 70+ year old guy came up with a spectacular jump plan. His assistant sprayed his chute with some kind of highly flammable spray. The plan was to light the chute on fire just before he jumped. Then he'd jump, release the chute, and then pop his real chute. Things went wrong. The wind pushed enough of the spray to his clothes so that when the assistant lit it, the fire jumped from the chute to his clothes and HE went up in a ball of flame. He went off the bridge but wasn't able to drop the burning chute. He hit the water in flames. Very dead. It was a 'spectacular' jump for sure.

Daaamn talk about dancing with the devil.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.