Stopped by the local sporting goods store this morning. Place has been in business since World War II or there about. A few of the counter guys are really knowledgeable and then there’s others.

I learned this morning that Franchi only makes the momentum rifle in 30-06. You can get any caliber you want as long as it’s 30-06. Hmmm really? I ask him to just look in their book to see if they carry other calibers because I’m thinking my next rifle will be something low recoil. He gets the book out. He says well it comes in 243. 6.5, 308, 270, 30-06 etc. but I’ve only seen the 30-06 on the rack.

Second thing I learned this morning was you can’t kill a elk with 4 shots from a 308 so you need at least a 300 win mag because if he shows up out west this year with the 308 his buddies will laugh him out of camp. Now I’ve never shot a elk, never hunted elk, but I think I could kill anything in North America with 4 shots from a 308. I told the guy sounds like you need more range time instead of a bigger rifle.

The older I get the more stupidity pisses me off!