Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Stupid / ignorance stands on both sides of the gun counter.

Aint it the truth?!

My first trip to hunt when I was 17 was an invite from my extended family in-laws. They all felt Weatherby magnums were required to kill Texas deer & being rich, they had the finest Wby's money could buy. When I showed up with my 220 Swift they literally scoffed at me. That weekend I took a nice 6 point & 8 point, the only two deer taken of the whole crowd. I was never invited back.

Reminds me of my first sheep hunt. I was going in solo 18 miles trek to the mountain. 1/3 the way in I met a couple fellows (who I took to be druggies) coming back out. Seems they couldn't navigate the mountain at mile 15 or so - tried to sidehill - not possible- I went over, easy enough - but they turned back.

They were dressed to the nines in new LLBean safari clothes and spanking new Weatherby 300s. Asked what I was carrying, I replied, "Remngton 700 .243". (FYI it was about 3 MOA- worked fine at 20 yards)

"Gee, I never heard of that!"

"Well, I gotta go now!......"

Took a full curl... and the next year and the next. Only I had a pack dog, plus a fiance, and then a wife the latter two, respectively.

I may be dumb, but I can learn!

Last edited by las; 09/12/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.