Originally Posted by Firth
Nice bulls.

I suspect many here are aware, but on the off chance this helps someone to decide on whether to post nice pics in the future...

If you are taking pictures with a GPS enable camera (such as a cell phone), GPS coordinates are often entered into the exif data of the photograph by default. Exif data can be accessed by right clicking, selecting the properties option, and then going to the details tab of the resulting pop-up. That's how people get locations using photos. There is no special software that I am aware of that can get a photos location without the exif data. It's easy to check and/or edit the exif data using the process outlined. Or, you can use a simple point and shoot camera with no gps and not have to worry about it.

Best,
Firth

Truth. Easy to turn off on your phone. If you are hunting honeyholes though and posting pics on here, please don't!

Long story but I had a lawsuit filed against me and the picture used as evidence to create a false story had gps location data on it. I mapped it and that data tanked the suit instantly.