Originally Posted by WhelenAway
......when a guy notices that they have certain very nice rifles at about $400 under the usual street price.

Mismarked . . . . maybe . . . . but you don't want to wait until morning to call them. You just want to buy a couple.

Happened to me Easter Sunday of 2008. I was perusing www.collectorsfirearms.com & noticed they had a rifle I really wanted & the price was very off kilter.

I called them immediately, asked if the rifle was still available. It seemingly took forever for the guy to come back on the phone. After several agonizing minutes, which always seem like hours, he picks up & says, "Yep, I have it in my hand."
I gave him my credit card number right then. I later took the gun to my gunsmith as I recognized the work that had been done on the stock. He asked me where I got it from & said the gun had only left their shop two weeks prior.

I am still very thankful to have it. It is my #1 favorite 308. There are times when you just gotta do all you can to grab it!

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee