Originally Posted by Quak
What i said was true. Can’t remember the companies name that first made the pot metal lever action 22s but I think it was w German. Regardless Henry re-badged them and presto...the birth of a gun company.

No idea on the Lone Ranger...Henry anything is not my jam hence I didn’t comment on that gun.

Just realized how that sounded...it’s not that I don’t like Henry as a company...I just am more into bolt actions

Originally Posted by Quak
What i said was true. Can’t remember the companies name that first made the pot metal lever action 22s but I think it was w German. Regardless Henry re-badged them and presto...the birth of a gun company.

No idea on the Lone Ranger...Henry anything is not my jam hence I didn’t comment on that gun.

Just realized how that sounded...it’s not that I don’t like Henry as a company...I just am more into bolt actions
Erma Werke of Germany was the company that used to make the rifle. It was sold for a time as the Erma model 73, imported by Ithaca as the model 72 saddle gun in the '70's and also by Iver Johnson. The thing is it was designed by Anthony Imperato's father in the first place and the design was sold to Erma. Anthony Imperato, in case you didn't know is the current owner, CEO and founder of Henry Repeating Arms. Anthony bought the design back from Erma to produce it here and start Henry Repeating arms. I know several people who have the Henry .22 Lever guns and are very happy with them, including my son. I have shot my sons extensively. It functions perfectly and is more accurate than my old Marlin 39. I don't know what more you could ask for given the price.