Looking to purchase a .243 to set up and have in camp for our growing grandchildren as they become ready to deer hunt. Between myself and my buddy, we have 3 grandsons ranging from 10yrs old down to 4yrs old and so far one our adult daughters is interested as well. I expect there will a handful more little ones over the upcoming years.

I want to buy and set up a good .243 to have on hand that will last and can be handed down and passed around and available as a backup camp gun in case someone has gun troubles.

I certainly wouldn't say money is no object, but I don't want to go bargain basement here.

I'm not too concerned about modularity in regards to swapping stocks as they grow as they can simply graduate to something new and this one can stay for the next young one.

I'm looking at the Tikka T3x Compact, Savage Axis II XP Compact, Weatherby Vanguard II Compact, and maybe a Remington 700 ADL Youth.

I have a couple of Tikkas and love them. I'm not sure how the others compare. I'm certainly open to other suggestions.

I appreciate your experience and opinions!!