Killed a decent 8 pt at 2k feet on a steep climb and went back to pack out the next day. Planned an early am bear hunt but was run down and sick as a dog. Got up the mountain at 9:30 and no buck. Tracked around cliffs for a few hundred yards and heard a shot. Found deer but never a drag. Best had picked him up by haunches 200 yards off a wildly popular tourist hike and carried him round the mountain. Neighbors nephew dropped the bear I spooked and it’s was 580#s. Had heard they grow big there but coming from NC hard to believe with ENC bears being monsters that likely don’t hibernate. Anyway, kicking myself for being sick and not getting there earlier. Then heard in PA it’s required to remove intact to biologist. It took 3 hours to pack a quartered buck. Can’t imagine the bear. The lucky guy got it 8 miles back but right on a gravel access road so 8-10 guys got it out. I was clinging on the cliffs with the deer. Only option would have been just roll him off the cliffs. Saw a few 3-400 in my yard a few nights. Prefer to kill one there. NE PA