On our trust, between me and my oldest son, we have 2 Omegas, a Harvester, and a Sandman TI, all of those are 30 cal. Also 2 Spectre II's, and that Specwar 556 K. Most of my rifles are something other than 223/5.56, mostly larger caliber bolt guns. Honestly I really only have a "need" for one 5.56 can. Capitol Armory had a really good closeout deal on that 556K, plus SiCo had opened up their SPEQ program to veterans that month too. Ended up getting a really good deal on it, like $475 or so for a really tough little can. That helped make the decision much easier. If it hadn't been for that deal, who knows what I would have ended up with. I think the Saker 556 K ended up being the can that replaced the Specwar 556 K. Which is neither here nor there I suppose.

At any rate I do believe that in general it is best to stick with 30 cal can unless you have a good reason not to. A 30 cal is always my default. But, there are situations where a dedicated 556 can make sense. I shoot that Adams piston gun a lot out training. Get it blistering hot, run it hard, that gun never fails to run. Never hiccups. But that has a lot to do with that piston upper. A little heavier, but runs cleaner and cooler. Those things are important when shooting lots of rounds suppressed.

So, I would just say really evaluate what you want it to do for you. Being your second rifle can, if it were me I would have to have a pretty good reason to go dedicated 556. If it is pretty much going to live on an AR, and you plan on another can or two down the road, then maybe it is the right fit for you. Sometimes dealers give good advice, sometimes they are just trying to sell you what is in stock. NFA items are too expensive and take to long to get to get, to end up not getting what you really want.