Hilco stuff looks good, I will give it a try. Mystery Oil was one of the better home remedies. The Winter Green and Stoddard's solvent got under the plastic and softened it some. I will start adding this to my home brew Ed's Red. I also made a life time supply of bore compound by mixing diatomaceous earth with oil. Feels just like JB and I could detect no scratching on a test piece of steel. I like making improvised stuff and also it is a 100 mile round trip to the nearest location I can buy gun products.

I'm not sure I want to use something that will eat my shoes.

Another Dyna-Tek question. Will any oil or wax remove the coating? Directions say not needed but no warning on what it would do if used. The action does feel smoother after all the cleaning and Dyna-Tek.

The main ingredient in the Brownells solution is Naptha. Might try this instead of the acetone in Ed's Red for outdoor use only.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli