This was to prep the barrel for Dyna Tek bore coat, otherwise I do as you do. But I was seeing my patterns get tighter and tighter due to plastic build up that even the Carb cleaner wasn't getting. This shotgun had had well over 40,000 rounds through it.

Lubing wads: This came from Loyal Brezny and Ballistic Products Research when steel was in it's early years and so bad I almost gave up waterfowl hunting altogether. He pushed the envelope to over 1,600 fps and certain loads that were effective out to 60 yards or more. This when the factory steel would take multiple shots at 40 yards. His work pushed the envelope and the big factories took note and incorporated some of his techniques and eventually improved their steel loads. This is maybe on the specialized and lunatic fringe of shotgun reloading.

None of this is applies to people that just pop off a few rounds a year and don't push the limits.

Last edited by Tejano; 10/07/19.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli