Just talked to Doug and put one of these on layaway, Bushnell Elite Tactical LRTS 3-12x44 - G3 Illuminated. Had the Bushnell Elite Tactical LRTS 4-18 x 44 - Illuminated on the close out but ended up trading it for a Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14 x 40mm Side Focus plus cash with a buddy. I liked the scope but for my hunting use I really didn't need the the 18 power and felt the 4 power was a bit much on the low side although 3 isn't a lot lower. The scope isn't any smaller or lighter and although I don't have it in hand yet as long as it is built like the 4-18 model I will be pleased. I don't think or at least am aware of another non China made scope with the features and glass quality (assumed) since I don't have it in hand yet. I must say Doug was a pleasure to work with and gave me answers to questions I had in regard to other options i'd considered. To many a 50mm objective is preferable, for me on my hunting rifle is too much. For those curious I am in Alaska shooting a Sauer Model 101 XT in .300 win Mag, its not a heavy rifle so the additional weight of the scope isn't an issue, if I again saw my self sheep hunting I might consider a lighter scope.Seven hundred dollars isn't cheap but it isn't $2000.00 dollars either and considering these aren't seconds and originally had a retail price of roughly $1200.00 dollars come with a life time warranty, for the price and quality of glass and features; if this scope fits your requirements you'd be hard pressed to find a better scope for the price. I wish to thank Doug and appreciate the price!